Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ode to the Indian Road Cafe

Oh Indian Road Cafe
Please open soon.
I know the restaurant business is hard,
But so is being a new mom.

Now when I am lonely
When my husband's at work
I take baby boy to the park.

We look at the water,
Feed the ducks
Read the Times...

But soon it will be too cold for baby and me.
Where will we go when we need to escape?

We want to come to your cafe
Eat your food
Drink your coffee
Buy your cheeses
Maybe even use your wifi tho' we have our own

And perhaps have a chat with another lonely mom?

If you build it we will come.

6 Comments:

At November 10, 2007 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just head the story about the owner of this restaurant on "This American Life."
If you haven't heard it, it's beautiful and haunting

 
At November 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Wow. Thank for directing me to this!

 
At July 2, 2008 at 2:38 PM , Blogger saidy said...

Amy, have you been yet? It's Open!

 
At July 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Oh yes! Pretty much every day! Can't wait to try the paninis!

 
At November 10, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Thanks. I can't believe it's been more than a year since I posted. Wow. Time flies with a wee one. Perhaps one day I will return to this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home